Test your skills on LAN network setup
1. Which of the following features on a router would you use to setup a DHCP server on a different network
a. IP Helper address
c. DHCP Snooping
d. Double gateway.
2. Which of the following is true
a. VLAN is assigned to a switch port
b. VLAN is assigned to the PC connected to a switch port.
c. None of the above
d. All of the above.
3. Which route entry on a Cisco router is used for forwarding packets to the internet
d. Default route.
4. A PC is directly connected to a router , which is it’s default gateway. What should be the default gateway configured on the TCP/IP adapter of the PC.
a. The IP address of the router
b. Since the router is directly connected the default gateway configuration is not required.
c. The loopback address of the router.
d. None of the above.
5. Which of the following should be configured on the TCP/IP adapter of a PC to access internet
a. IP address.
b. Default gateway
c. DNS server IP address.
d. All of the above.
6. Which of the following can be used for sharing files using a central server.
a. Windows File sharing
b. FTP Server
c. Telnet Server
d. SSH Server.
7. Which of the following can be used for remotely viewing the desktop of a remote PC.
d. a & b
1.The IP Helper address feature helps to setup a DHCP server which is on a different network to provide IP address to users on a different network.
2.VLANs are assigned to switch ports. A port can be a member of one VLAN or multiple vlans when used for trunking.
3.The default route is used on a Cisco router to forward packets bound to the internet.
4.Irrespective of whether the PC is directly connected, the TCP/IP adapter of the PC should be configured with an appropriate gateway address.
5.To access internet a PC would require IP address, default gateway and DNS server to be configured.
6. A FTP server can be used to which all the users on the network can connect using appropriate FTP clients for uploading and downloading files.
7. VNC & RDP (Remote Desktop) are two protocols which can be used for viewing the desktops of remote systems.
Ebooks & Guides – Click Here