Test your concepts on LAN Troubleshooting with this skill test.
1. In the below diagram, PC1 is unable to ping PC2. What could be the possible reason.
a. Routing not configured on the router.
b. Default gateway not configured on the router.
c. Gateway not configured on PC2.
d. Incorrect gateway configuration on PC1.
2.A network administrator is unable to ping a server. What could be the possible reasons.
a. Firewall is blocking ping on the server.
b. The server is not sending ARP reply packets.
c. Link issues.
d. All of the above.
3.A user is unable to access internet on a LAN. What could be the possible issue.
a. The primary DNS server IP address is not configured on the PC.
b. The default gateway is a different IP address from the DNS server
c. The secondary DNS server is not configured on the PC.
d. None of the above.
4. A user complains that he is unable to ping servers on the internet. The user access internet through a proxy server What could be the possible reason.
a.Proxy servers does not allow ping.
b.The proxy server should be configured to forward ping packets
c.The proxy server should be configured to forward ICMP packets
d.The proxy server should be configured for default routing.
5. As part of troubleshooting a DHCP issue, the network engineer is looking if the client is contacting a DHCP server. What type of packet should the engineer look for using a protocol analyzer.
a. DHCP Discover
b. DHCP Offer
6. A DHCP server is not working on a LAN. Which port should be checked on the server to check if the service is running.
a. TCP port 67
b. UDP port 67
c. TCP port 68
d. UDP port 68
7. A PC on the network is unable to ping the gateway for the network. What could be the possible reason.
a. The gateway address is not configured on the PC.
b. Routing is not configured on the PC.
c. Ping would be blocked on the gateway.
d. DNS server is not configured on the PC.
Comptia network + study guide – TCP/IP Configuration & Troubleshooting Scenarios
250 + Network Engineer Interview Questions & Answers
Interview questions & Ebooks – click here