Test your skills on layer 2 protocols
1. What type of protocol is spanning tree
2. Which of the following are VLAN protocols
3. Which protocol is used to find the mac-address of a device from it’s IP address
b. Ethernet Frame
d. mac-finder protocol.
4. Which field in an ethernet frame is used for identifying upper layer protocols
a. Source mac-address
b. destination mac-address
5. What is the destination mac-address of an ARP request frame
a. The mac-address of the destination.
d. None of the above.
6. Which of the following is included in a vlan tag
a. VLAN IP
b. VLAN Name
c. VLAN ID
d. VLAN Subnet
7. Which protocol is used over trunk ports
1. Spanning tree uses multicast address for communication.
2. 802.1q is a vendor neutral protocol used by the spanning tree protocol.
3. The ARP protocol is used to find the mac-address of a device using the IP address of the destination.
4. Type value in a frame is used for identifying upper layer protocols like IP, IPX etc.
5. ARP request frames are broadcast frames. The mac-address used by broadcast frames are FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
6. VLAN ID which specifies the unique identifier of the VLAN is used.
7. ISL is a Cisco proprietary spanning tree protocol
Ebooks & Guides - Click here